Mackenzie Mitchell Solicitors is a criminal defence firm, committed to providing high quality legal representation.
At Mackenzie Mitchell Solicitors we aim to set the benchmark for standards of legal representation.
Mackenzie Mitchell Solicitors was established by Ken Mackenzie, who has practised in some of the top level criminal firms in the world.
Ken Mackenzie first worked with Ryan & Bosscher in Brisbane, before joining one of the largest defence operations in London, Fisher Meredith Solicitors. He then worked with leading human rights and criminal defence firm Hickman and Rose, regarded as one of the best in the world.
Ken was part of the appeal that freed Andrew Adams who served 14 years after wrongful conviction for murder.
Mackenzie Mitchell Solicitors practises the principles of Active Defence, a proven approach to criminal cases successfully practised in England and now being used in Australia.
Active Defence means Mackenzie Mitchell Solicitors takes an active approach to defending our clients from the outset.
All too often clients are subjected to delay and inaction.
In order that our clients receive the best representation and protection of their interests we believe:
• Case preparation should be early and intensive.
• Work should only be performed by qualified solicitors, or under their close and regular supervision.
• A solicitor must brief Counsel early; ideally as soon as the depositions are received.
• Counsel and the client should have met to discuss the case well before an indictment is presented.
• No-one should ever feel bullied into pleading Guilty or Not Guilty.