Australian Workplace Lawyers are workplace relations specialists. Our aim is to provide professional and practical legal advice to our clients in a timely way and at a reasonable price.
Rob Stevenson is the principal of Australian Workplace Lawyers and he advises private individuals, commercial organisations, and not-for-profit and charitable organisations.
Rob has significant experience in the state and federal industrial commissions and federal and state courts in employment matters.
He is supported by an enthusiastic team who, like him, are committed to achieving the best possible practical outcomes for the firm’s clients.
They assist clients in understanding obligations and entitlements under the law, preparing and/or reviewing agreements, and where appropriate in taking action to assert or defend a client’s rights.
At Workplace Lawyers, we assist our clients in:
1. Unfair and unlawful dismissal claims, adverse action claims and common law actions representing employees and employers in State Industrial Relations Commissions, Fair Work Australia and courts;
2. Acting for complainants and respondents in the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Commission and Tribunal and the Human Rights Commission and federal courts;
3. Drafting and advising on employment contracts, enterprise and individual flexibility agreements and principal/contractor agreements;
4. Advising employers and employees on employment related disputes;
5. Advice to clients on award interpretation and enterprise bargaining; and
6. Advice to clients in relation to termination and redundancy packages.
Rob was admitted as a solicitor in 1994 and has more than 14 years of experience helping clients with their legal problems. He holds an honours degree and a masters degree in law and has been Accredited by the Queensland Law Society as a specialist in Workplace Relations.
Rob is a member of the Industrial Relations Society of Queensland and the Caxton Legal Centre. He is a director of the Wildlife Land Fund Ltd and is a trustee of several public environmental funds.