Gleeson Lawyers is a boutique specialist practice.
Based in the Brisbane CBD and conveniently located next to the Queen Street Mall, Gleeson Lawyers specialises in Succession Law and also practises in Criminal Law.
At Gleeson Lawyers we are acutely aware, that every person irrespective of age, occupation, marital status or wealth should have a personal succession plan and, at the very least, a Will, Enduring Power of Attorney and Advance Health Directive.
We are firm believers of "Success in Succession". This not only applies to your personal succession planning, but also to your business succession planning if you wish to leave your business to a family member who's active in the business; or whether you simply wish to retire and receive the maximum amount for your business; or ensure there is sufficient money to buy out a surviving partner.
Gleeson Lawyers appreciates that your inheritance, whether it be the inheritance you leave behind or the inheritance you receive from a loved one, can often be your biggest asset, so protecting your inheritance should always be of paramount importance in successful succession planning.
Paul Gleeson is the Principal of Gleeson Lawyers, established in 2005. Paul is supported by a team consisting of a Junior Lawyer, a Paralegal and a Secretary. Prior to establishing Gleeson Lawyers, Paul practised for 22 years as an Articled Law Clerk, then Solicitor, then Partner with a large Brisbane CBD law firm.
Paul holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from the Queensland University of Technology and is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia.
Paul is one of 33 Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialists in Succession Law in Queensland and is a member of the Worldwide Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Paul is a committee member of the Queensland Law Society Succession Specialist Accreditation Committee.
Paul also has experience in all facets of Criminal Law and traffic incidents.
Gleeson Lawyers has extensive experience in all areas of Succession Law including the following:
* Personal succession planning
* Simple wills
* Wills incorporating charitable trusts
* Wills incorporating testamentary trust
* Memorandum of Wishes for Testamentary Guardians
* Mutual / Contractual wills
* Will constructions / Will interpretation
* Inheritance disputes
* Family provision applications
* Estate administration
* General / Specific / Corporate Power of Attorney documentation
* Financial / Health Enduring Power of Attorney documentation
* Power of Attorney disputes
* Power of Attorney abuse
* Guardianship and Administration Tribunal Hearings
* Advance Health Directives
* Asset protection planning
* Superannuation self managed / managed
* Business Succession planning
* Shareholder / critical event agreements